Does this scenario sound familiar?
You're in your favorite pharmacy chain or online beauty store trying to decide what the next product purchase will be. You glance at the product label but once again realize you have no idea how to pronounce the ingredients listed nevermind understand what they might do to your hair. THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY...
Stop guessing what your hair likes.
Take the guesswork out of hair product purchases. Learn what really does and doesn't work for YOUR curls with CurlsUnderstood.com's digital Product Ingredient Dictionary. It lists the most popular ingredients found in synthetic and all-natural based hair products. Each ingredient's purpose and hazard rating are also included. Use the Product Log Sheets to track what does and doesn't work for your hair!
Who needs this eBook?
Curly haired women looking to make more informed hair product purchases; new naturals trying to learn what works on their hair; and naturals whose hair is sensitive to certain product ingredients.
What's inside the eBook? 6 chapters, 23 sections and 100+ pages of product ingredient information & tips to help you make better on-the-go product purchasing decisions for YOUR curls.
Chapter 1 - Do You Know Your Curls?
1. Understand Your Curl Pattern
2. Porosity, Volume & Density: All 3 Impact How Your Hair Responds To Products
3. Common Reasons for Hair Breakage and How Products Can Help
4. Can Hair Products Really Make Your Hair Grow?
Chapter 2 - All-Natural Products & Allergies
5. Are All-Natural Products Really "All-Natural"?
6. Allergens In Hair Products
Chapter 3 - How To Read Product Labels
7. The Regulation Of Hair Products In The U.S.
8. How To Read Product Labels
9. The Truth About Sulfates, Silicones, Parabens and Alcohols
10. How To Understand Our Product Ingredient Dictionary
Chapter 4 - Product Ingredient Dictionary
13. Rinse-Out Conditioners
14. Leave-In Conditioners
15. Deep Treatments
18. Styling Creams
19. Heat Protectants
20. Oil Blends
Chapter 5 - Glossary
21. Other Product Ingredients You Need To Know About
Chapter 6 - Product Log Sheets
22. How To Record The Products You Buy and Use
23. Editable Product Log Sheets
Sign up for a free sample chapter &
chance to win a copy plus our hair box!
of curly product ingredients.
We won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.
About the author
My natural hair journey started over 10 years ago. Waaaay back in 2004 there wasn’t the wealth of resources on the internet that there is today. A sista had to put on her detective hat to find the “truth”.
Nowadays the problem has reversed. There’s lots of information out there but how do you know where to start? Or more importantly, what’s credible? I created CurlsUnderstood.com to help naturally curly women find the advice, products and salons they need from one reliable source.
Know Thy Curls: The Ultimate Product Ingredient Dictionary for YOUR Curls is an extension of my original mission. I haven't seen anything like this out there so I can't wait to hear how our digital Product Ingredient Dictionary helps you understand your naturally curly hair!
- Sylvia ([email protected])